The following article will guide you through the installation and first-use of our HEGIAS VR Vectorworks 2021 Plug-in.
1. Download: The Plug-in is currently in it's beta-phase and can only be obtained through invitation. If you are interested in the plug-in, feel free to contact us!
2. Open the Vectorworks Plug-in-Manager with Tools > Plug-ins > Plug-in Manager...
3. Select Third party plug-ins and click Install. Select the provided plug-in ZIP file. After the plug-in has been successfully installed, please restart Vectorworks.
4. Open Tools > Workspaces > Edit Current Workspace... to add the plug-in menu to your workspace. On the left list, expand HEGIAS and drag Virtual Reality HEGIAS to the desired location. We recommend to place it below the Export menu.
After you confirm your changes with OK you have successfully installed the HEGIAS VR plug-in.
Working with the HEGIAS VR plug-in
When you open the plug-in for the first time you are presented with 3 choices:
- Try HEGIAS VR for free! - This allows you to try HEGIAS VR for free without creating an account. For more information regarding our free test-import, see the HEGIAS VR Test-Import support article.
A guide for our recommended IFC export options is in our Vectorworks support article.
- Create HEGIAS account - This will take you to our website where you can sign up for a free HEGIAS account.
- Login with existing HEGIAS account - Chose this option if you already have a HEGIAS account. This option will let you upload your 3d model directly to a specific HEGIAS project. Again, a guide for our recommended IFC export options can be found in our Vectorworks support article.